CORONA VIRUS - IMPORTANT UPDATE
All public Masses, sacraments and other services are suspended until further notice (this will be reviewed regularly by the Bishops). The obligation to attend Mass on a Sunday and Holy Days is also suspended at this time. Exceptions to this are as follows:
· Funerals will take place with restrictions fulfilling pastoral needs.
· The Sacrament of the Sick will continue in extreme circumstances, however, Holy Communion to the sick and housebound is suspended until further notice.
· The Sacrament of Reconciliation can be arranged in extreme circumstances by phoning the presbytery.
The Parish will maintain links with our parishioners in the following ways:
· Masses will be streamed live - the times will be as on the newsletter and as per the schedule given on our website.
· Outside of Mass, the live stream will focus on the exposed Blessed Sacrament or the tabernacle and cross to help with private prayer.
· A number of prayer resources are available at http://www.liverpoolcatholic.org.uk/
· A telephone conversation service (ChorleyBuddies) is now available for those who are self-isolating, further details can be found on the Parish Website.
· The presbytery number (01257 262462 ) is always available if you wish to speak with one of the priests. If he is not available, please do leave a message and you will be contacted as soon as possible.
· Although the church will no longer be open for private prayer, parishioners are welcome to pray whilst walking around the church grounds, visiting the grotto and following the stations of the cross beneath the oak trees on the church drive. Please ensure social distancing is maintained at all times and observe that dogs are strictly prohibited in the cemetery areas (except guide dogs).
· The Archbishop has sent a video message via Youtube. Just go to YouTube and in the search box type Archbishop Malcom’s First Vlog - Feast of the Annunciation.
· The Catholic Pictorial can be viewed online at: http://www.catholicpic.co.uk/
In these strange times that we are living in, our life and communion together in the Lord will continue in these new and different ways.
Please continue to support each other especially the vulnerable and let us keep each other in our prayers.
God Bless Fr Graeme