COVID 19 - CHANGES FROM 19TH JULY
In the light of further guidance received from the Archdiocese, going forward, the following will apply at both St Gregory’s & St Oswald’s from Monday 19th July 2021
· The wearing of facemasks will be mandatory for those attending all church services (except in the case of medical exemption).
· Social distancing will no longer be mandatory but taking into consideration that some people may still have concerns given the current infection rates, a section of the church will remain with social distancing restrictions in place.
· Hand sanitising will remain a requirement on entering the church but not on exit.
· We will no longer be taking details for track and trace purposes.
· Holy Communion will revert to the normal time and place in the Mass.
· Holy Communion under both kinds will not be re-introduced at this time.
· Stewards will invite people to the altar to receive Holy Communion row by row.
CHANGES TO MASS/SERVICE TIMES
I asked a small group from both parishes to both consider the needs of their own parish and also the needs of the other parish in looking at the provision of weekday Masses going forward. I am very grateful to them all for their thoughtfulness and their suggestions. After discussion, it has been agreed that the following will be implemented from 1st August 2021
MONDAY: HOLY MASS 10:00am (St Gregory’s)
TUESDAY: HOLY MASS 9:15am (St Oswald’s), DEVOTIONS 1:00pm - 2:00pm (St Gregory’s)
WEDNESDAY: HOLY MASS 8:30am (St Gregory’s)
THURSDAY: HOLY MASS 9:15am (St Oswald’s), DEVOTIONS 1:00pm - 2:00pm (St Gregory’s)
FRIDAY: EUCHARISTIC SERVICE ONLY 8:30am (St Gregory’s) & 9:15am (St Oswald’s)
SATURDAY: HOLY MASS 10:00am (St Gregory’s)
After consultation across the two parishes (which was inconclusive!) it has been agreed that the present times of Sunday morning Masses should be retained at this time, especially as this makes the most sense logistically for me and my Sunday Commitments.
Sunday: 9:30am (St Gregory’s) & 11:00am (St Oswald’s)
NB: The 6:30pm Sunday Evening Mass at St Gregory’s will be reintroduced at a later date once we have seen the impact of the latest changes to Covid restrictions